Our customers have a variety of paper and electronic destruction needs and most of them don't want to slave over a home shredder and can't wait for a community shred day. Our convenient home and business pick-up service, ShredStation Express, is available to meet a variety of paper shredding, document destruction and electronics destruction needs.
Whether you have boxes of old tax records at your home, you need ongoing paper shredding service for your business or perhaps you have old computers that you know should be destroyed and recycle but you aren't sure how to do it – ShredStation can help.
How it works:
- Place an order and schedule your pick up by calling (203-256-8022) or click here to place an order.
- A Certified Destruction Agent will confirm the pick-up day and time and arrive when scheduled
- Your paper, electronics or both are destroyed to professional standards and all materials are recycled.
- You receive a Certificate of Destruction via mail or email.
- One time pick up for paper shredding, emedia or both (residential)
- One time pick up for paper shredding, emedia or both (business)
- Ongoing paper shredding service programs (business)
Protect the environment, and yourself! Dispose of your surplus computers the ecologically responsible way.
The Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) prohibits the disposal of equipment that contain certain hazardous metals. As many as eight of these metals are found in all PCs and monitors. The EPA has left it up to the end user to be responsible for the environmentally safe disposal of this equipment. Here is an exert from an article by Donald Bleiwas and Thomas Kelly of the US Geological Survey:
"The metals contained in PC's commonly include aluminum, antimony, arsenic , barium , beryllium, cadmium , chromium , cobalt, copper, gallium, gold, iron, lead , manganese, mercury , palladium, platinum, selenium , silver , and zinc. Eight of these metals (shown in bolded type) are listed as hazardous by the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), one of the Federal laws that control the disposition of waste in the United States. This law prohibits companies from incinerating some types of electronic scrap or disposing of it into municipal landfills."
By having ShredStation recycle them, you will be exempt from the great responsibility given you by the EPA. We offer disposal services for any electronic equipment, for which we charge a reasonable fee.
Proudly serving Fairfield County and Westchester County including Bridgeport, Greenwich, Stamford and White Plains.